NewLeaf Symbiotics, an agricultural technology company, has an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant, Part-Time Contractor (24-32 hours) to join the team at its headquarters located at the BRDG Park facility of the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center in St. Louis, MO. We are seeking an individual with a passion for sustainable agriculture and a drive to provide exceptional administrative support within the areas of Executives, Office Operations and Accounts Payable.
1. Performs activities associated with receipt, reconciliation, and payment of company payables to include vendor invoices and expense reports
2. Responsible for filing and keeping records associated with accounting and financial activities
3. Performs administrative and clerical duties for designated company executives and middle management team members to include filing, emailing, maintenance of calendars and meeting preparation, contact lists, and similar administrative duties
4. Performs receptionist duties to include answering and routing incoming calls, distribution of incoming mail, processing outgoing mail, and receiving visitors into the office
5. Assists in activities, in conjunction with members of the Administrative team, to organize and conduct business meetings by preparing and scheduling agendas, scheduling meeting rooms, printing and distributing materials, and any associated activities
6. Assists in activities, in conjunction with members of the Administrative team, related to the appearance and maintenance of the office space either through personal initiatives (such as tidying the kitchen, clean up after meetings) or by referral to building maintenance staff
7. Performs other duties, of a similar administrative nature, as assigned or required
Minimum Skills / Qualifications
• High School or GED qualification
• Experience performing duties related to processing accounts payable and purchasing
• Experience in positions requiring significant attention to detail, above-average accuracy, independent problem solving, and managing multiple tasks
• Experience handling similar administrative duties including organization and maintenance of filing systems, scheduling, reception duties, and interaction with guests and visitors of the company
• A working knowledge of the operation of standard office equipment
• Basic proficiency in MS Office, particularly Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment, functioning for the good of the team over the individual
About NewLeaf Symbiotics
NewLeaf Symbiotics is an agricultural technology company that discovers, develops, produces, and commercializes products containing beneficial plant microbes. NewLeaf was founded in 2013 at the Danforth Plant Science Center in St. Louis and has raised over $50 million in venture capital. Its team has grown to 40+ members including 13 PhD scientists. NewLeaf has filed over 90 patents, has 15 products in its pipeline, and in 2017 introduced its first two products in the US, Terrasym 401 for soybeans and Terrasym 402 for peanuts.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume with the Subject Line: “Administrative Assistant, Contractor” to email@example.com. References required upon request.