Commercial and Operations Data Management Coordinator
NewLeaf Symbiotics (NLS), an agricultural biologicals company is looking for a Commercial and Operations Data Management Coordinator. NLS company headquarters and laboratories are located at the BRDG Park facility at the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, in St. Louis, Missouri. We are seeking an individual with a passion for sustainable agriculture and biological solutions, and a passion to maintain the integrity of commercial and operations master data in support of customer, price, discount, shipping, warehouse, logistics and related commercial and operational processes.
Commercial and Operations Data Management Coordinator Responsibilities:
The primary responsibilities of this role are to:
- Develop data strategies to ensure available and reliable critical reference and transactional data for assigned functions, including reporting, while working closely with IT data stewards to drive capabilities that support the data strategy;
- Commercial and Operations scope includes: customer masterfile data (account, bill-to, ship-to, customer type & structure), finished goods product and product structure, SKU price model & structure, discount data setup, shipment, logistics, finished goods warehouse data, and commercial reporting structures;
- Design audit and process checks to confirm commercial and operations master data is accurately available and updated;
- Work closely with the NLS Commercial department leads to ensure all data in assigned functions are managed by governance processes;
- Influence stakeholder groups to modify behaviors or processes to ensure the delivery of high-quality transactional data for use in order-to-cash business systems, metrics, reporting, advanced analytics, and business processes;
- Develop, justify, design and lead cross-functional projects to improve commercial and operations integrity;
- Lead the decision-making process for proposed changes to key commercial data elements to ensure alignment across data platforms, external partners, and user groups;
- Serve as point of escalation for commercial and operations data quality and commercial and operations compliance activities;
- Create and maintain common data management processes for critical data leveraging solutions to ensure Commercial and Supply Chain Management and stakeholder groups’ data needs are incorporated; Coordinate commercial and operations data management processes, new designs, and data load procedures for annual season startup activities and in-season changes. Participate in testing with Operations leader and commercial team members.
- Participate on cross functional project teams to ensure that consequences of commercial and operations data changes are considered and incorporated into project plans; Coordinate with manufacturing and procurement for data management and integration including product/sku, shipping, logistics, and warehouse data management.
- Manage through ambiguity and complexity to drive innovation and delivery of a value-added data strategy;
- Bachelor’s Degree in business-related functions of data management, business, computer or information systems, or business data science;
- At least 5 years of relevant data management or business experience;
- Experience with one or more data management processes such as customer master data (account, bill-to, ship-to), customer structure, finished goods product and product structure, SKU price model, rules & structure, discount data setup, shipment, and finished goods warehouse data, and commercial reporting structure;
- Understand design and implications of business-related business decisions in the subject areas listed above;
- Experience leading complex process design with multiple stakeholders; providing data process and capability to achieve business objectives;
- Ability to understand complex data processes, data relationships, manage data quality processes, design data metrics, and consequences of decisions and actions;
- Excellent communication skills with stakeholders to explain process, implications, and consequences of decisions;
- Excellent collaboration skills to works across diverse stakeholder groups;
- Leadership in problem-solving and decision-making competencies;
- Ability to influence stakeholders across organizations;
- At least three years of project experience with change management experience;
- Preferred: At least three years of experience in data governance, data management or working with supply chain data.
- On-call responsibilities in peak or critical business timelines to correct data issues for business processes to continue.
About NewLeaf Symbiotics:
NewLeaf Symbiotics is an agricultural biologicals company that discovers, develops, produces, and commercializes products containing beneficial plant microbes. NewLeaf was founded in 2013 at the Danforth Plant Science Center in St. Louis, and has raised over $75 million in venture capital. Its team has grown to 35+ members including 12 PhD scientists. NewLeaf has filed over 75 patents, has 15 products in its pipeline, and in the U.S. the portfolio includes Terrasym in the corn and soybean markets.
- Please send a cover letter and CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Line: NLS Commercial and Operations Data management Coordinator candidate. References required upon request.