Formulation Research Associate – Product Development
New Leaf Symbiotics (NLS), an agricultural biologicals company is looking for a Formulation Research Associate – Product Development. NLS company headquarters and laboratories are located at the BRDG Park facility at the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, in St. Louis, Missouri. We are seeking an individual with a passion for sustainable agriculture and biological solutions.
Logistics Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Assist with the development of new formulations for microbial products, including spray-dried powders, dry granules, seed treatment formulations, and stabilized liquid formulations; aqueous suspensions, SCs, ECs, ODs and micro-emulsions.
- Conduct shelf stability studies, tank mix compatibility studies, on seed stability studies, rain-fastness, spray-ability, adjuvant compatibility and other studies to ensure the commercial viability of formulated products.
- In collaboration with the Fermentation group, assist in the design and execution of downstream processing experiments – filtration, centrifugation, evaporation, lyophilization, spray dry, granulation, fluidized bed, rheology, particle size analysis, etc.
- Help optimize and scale formulations to reach target yields and costs.
- Collect and maintain detailed records of experimental data and performs preliminary data analysis.
- Helps develop innovative and effective formulations.
- Requires an AA degree or equivalent with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience, or a Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience, or a Master’s degree.
- Understands biological products including natural products chemistry and microbial physiology of bacteria, filamentous bacteria, and fungi.
- Energetic and self-motivated individual able to work in a team environment with relentlessly progressing schedules.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with R&D, regulatory, management, and external collaborators.
- Capable of delivering high quality scientific presentations internally and at external conferences.
- Experience with formulation of microorganisms that produce natural products, experience with fermentation is a plus.
About NewLeaf Symbiotics:
NewLeaf Symbiotics is an agricultural biologicals company that discovers, develops, produces, and commercializes products containing beneficial plant microbes. NewLeaf was founded in 2013 at the Danforth Plant Science Center in St. Louis, and has raised over $75 million in venture capital. Its team has grown to 35+ members including 12 PhD scientists. NewLeaf has filed over 75 patents, has 15 products in its pipeline, and in the U.S. the portfolio includes Terrasym in the corn and soybean markets.
Please send a cover letter and CV/Resume to John Whitteck at email@example.com Subject Line: NLS Formulation Research Associate – Product Development Candidates. References required upon request.