New Leaf Symbiotics (NLS), an agricultural biologicals company is looking for a Logistics Coordinator. NLS company headquarters and laboratories are located at the BRDG Park facility at the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, in St. Louis, Missouri. We are seeking an individual with a passion for sustainable agriculture and biological solutions, who will be responsible for logistics for microbial based commercial products.
Logistics Coordinator Responsibilities:
The primary responsibilities of this role are to:
- Responsible for communication to warehouses for shipments to any customer type of shipment issues, providing accurate and completion information on planned shipments, delivery dates, and exceptions to shipments.
- Track shipping and delivery issues until problem is resolved, delivery is successful, and a reason code is assigned to each issue; track and communicate metrics to commercial and sales team immediately when issues surface
- Communicate with customers on any logistics issues including missed delivery dates.
- Responsible for assigned warehouses’ domestic transportation planning and execution, including selecting, evaluating & negotiating rates with carriers, coordinating with sales on customer needs, coordinating with production warehouses on product availability, planning and executing transportation, demurrage & accessorial cost management, developing & monitoring KPIs, balancing warehouse fulfillment / shipping loading capacities with schedules, etc.
- Responsible for 3rd party warehouse-to-warehouse transfers from initiation, to communication, and electronic inventory record updates.
- Responsible for 3rd party warehouse & trans-load facility planning, execution, and inventory reporting.
- Analyze and synthesize information from multiple data sources that identify opportunities and lead to business performance improvement.
- As applicable, administer freight rate quotes to support administration, sales and supply chain teams
- Act as a power user to all supply chain systems and train field employees on system-related processes and procedures
- With all stakeholders, collaboratively develop processes and balanced scorecard KPIs aligned to logistics and delivery performance.
- Follow and execute deliveries in the NLS systems, ensure the up-to-date data flow of all logistics transactions.
- In conjunction with Commercial, Sales, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, etc., identify opportunities, propose strategies and participate/lead efforts to improve business performance including: logistics/scheduling processes, customer service levels, warehouse fulfillment, pick, pack, ship operations, transportation options & costs, 3rd party providers, inventory levels, lead times, carrier and delivery capabilities, warehouse requirements, etc. Notify manufacturing on transfer plans from cold warehouse to warehouse floor storage.
- Other Supply Chain duties as assigned
- Audit and validate logistics freight carrier invoices and warehouse activity and invoices related to logistics and warehouse transfers. Confirm approvals for package carrier transportation and exceptions.
- Recommend process improvement for logistics, warehouse, and carrier processes. Evaluate opportunities for feedback of delivery services including electronic-based survey software for dedicated carriers.
- Proactively anticipate bottlenecks and recommend changes to eliminate or improve delivery metrics. Recommend improvements to meet increasing delivery volumes in season and in preparation for upcoming seasons as market expansion and demand increases.
- As issues or delays occur, obtain approval for exception conditions from respective leader to meet a customer’s need or NLS commitment to delivery standards.
- Participate in the development of warehouse optimization & location placement, analyze forecasts and trends to reduce total cost.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in the logistics or transportation disciplines.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively under time constraints.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal staff, customers, carriers, warehouse personnel, and third parties to meet delivery. Exceptional competency in verbal, written, and electronic-based communication.
- Demonstrated ability to design & develop metrics and prepare reporting to communicate logistic performance measures. Present performance metrics and measures to leadership.
- Competencies in process improvement and debottlenecking processes, and developing recommendations to eliminate logistic issues and proactively improve delivery metrics.
- Experience in developing improvements in preparation for upcoming seasons with market expansion, demand shifts, and external factors.
- Align with governance and approval processes for exception conditions from respective leaders to meet a customer’s need or NLS commitment to delivery standards.
- Engagement in development of warehouse optimization & location placement, analyze forecasts and trends to reduce total cost.
- Competency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
- Experience in an integrated enterprise resource system (ERP) and a transportation management system.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time to warehouse location(s) through the season for training, planning, and process monitoring.
About NewLeaf Symbiotics:
NewLeaf Symbiotics is an agricultural biologicals company that discovers, develops, produces, and commercializes products containing beneficial plant microbes. NewLeaf was founded in 2013 at the Danforth Plant Science Center in St. Louis, and has raised over $75 million in venture capital. Its team has grown to 35+ members including 12 PhD scientists. NewLeaf has filed over 75 patents, has 15 products in its pipeline, and in the U.S. the portfolio includes Terrasym in the corn and soybean markets.
Please send a cover letter and CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: NLS Logistics Coordinator Candidates. References required upon request.