Senior Customer Operations Representative
New Leaf Symbiotics (NLS), an agricultural biologicals company, is looking for a Senior Customer Operations Representative with experience in customer service, logistics, and interacting with customers and partners. NLS company headquarters and laboratories are located at the BRDG Park facility at the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, in St. Louis, Missouri. We are seeking an individual with a passion for customer service and solutions, who will be responsible for the order entry and maintenance, ship date coordination, business partner order, ship, invoice account management, shipment initiation, discount account application, customer account reconciliation, and interaction with customers and NLS personnel.
Senior Customer Operations Representative Responsibilities:
- Enable effective customer account experiences in order, fulfillment, and account management based on orders, delivery window, inventory availability, and customer needs;
- Service customer accounts, provide issue resolution, and communicate effectively with customer accounts; ensure partner account requirements are met;
- Create new orders from inbound contact through phone, web, and email;
- Execute and monitor transactions to enable delivery of product and billing;
- Maintain a high level of professionalism at all times, creating a connection and developing a rapport with every customer to provide outstanding service;
- Collaborate with internal groups including Commercial, Marketing, Finance, and Manufacturing;
- Manage inbound 1800# calls from customer, partners and Field Sales Representatives, and monitor web-based ordering processes and data;
- Support and train customers in use of web-based order system;
- Provide transactional support to ensure accuracy of each invoice and account reconciliation at the end of the business cycle;
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for order, fulfillment, shipping, invoicing, account adjustments, and account reconciliation; Follow process for exceptions as defined in the procedures;
- Maximize effectiveness through appropriate system and technology usage in documenting all customer interactions;
- Coordinate resolution of escalated issues to resolve operational and customer issues;
- Execute transactions related to complaints, including documenting necessary information, escalating resolution with internal groups and communicating resolution to customers;
- Maintain knowledge of processes, marketing programs and business strategy;
- Develop future customer operations strategies for NewLeaf business growth;
- Understand and apply knowledge in customer discussions about agricultural products, crops, and terminology.
- Travel as necessary to customer meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or a related field.
- Prior (minimum of five years) successful experience in Customer Service, Commercial, Logistics, Operations, or Supply Chain disciplines.
- 1 to 4 years of experience in the agricultural or related industry, a distribution-related industry, or specialized product industry is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of general techniques and principles in customer operations, fulfillment, and data management of business transactions.
- Self-motivated individual also capable of working under time-sensitive deadlines. Strong ability to multitask.
- Ability and desire to work independently and in a collaborative team-environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, problem solving skills, and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated capabilities in initiative, interactions in a team environment and results orientation.
- High level of professionalism in all interactions externally and internally, creating a connection and rapport with a customer to provide exceptional service and responsiveness.
- Proven experience in at least one order-to-cash automated system. Strong attention to detail for data, order-to-cash transactions, and customer documents.
- Ability to identify process issues and develop new solutions and improvements.
- Team leadership experience is a plus.
About NewLeaf Symbiotics:
NewLeaf Symbiotics is an agricultural biologicals company that discovers, develops, produces, and commercializes products containing beneficial plant microbes. NewLeaf was founded in 2013 at the Danforth Plant Science Center in St. Louis, and has raised over $75 million in venture capital. Its team has grown to 35+ members including 12 PhD scientists. NewLeaf has filed over 75 patents, has 15 products in its pipeline, and the U.S. portfolio includes Terrasym in the corn and soybean markets.
Please send a cover letter and CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: NLS Sr. Customer Operations Rep Candidate. References required upon request.